commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [logging] improvements to generated documentation
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2006 08:03:11 GMT
On Sat, 2006-01-21 at 19:41 +0100, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> Rahul Akolkar wrote:
> > On 1/21/06, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> >> the site generated by maven could do with some improvements before the
> >> release. here's a brief list (but could do with a general review):
> >>
> >> 1 junit report - this should be replaced by a note explaining that maven
> >> cannot run the JCL unit tests
>
> This would mean removing the junit report and adding a new xdocs page. I
> can do the site stuff if someone else can write a nice text to put on
> the page.

here a first draft:

"The Jakarta Commons Logging test cases make extensive use of
sophisticated classloader configurations in order to simulate the
behaviour of various containers. It is difficult to run these tests
under Maven (which is used to generate the website). Once JCL is
upgraded to Maven 2 it is hoped that we will be able to display a report
on the unit tests."

hopefully people will dive in and patch once it's in the
documentation...

- robert