commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [logging] Cleanup source before release?
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2006 12:05:37 GMT
On Sat, 2006-01-21 at 10:16 +0100, Boris Unckel wrote:
> Good Morning,
>
> Simon Kitching wrote:
> > Thanks for your offer Boris, your offer to spend time on JCL is
> > appreciated. However I would personally prefer not to make these
> > suggested changes. The code is reasonably ok now, and this just doesn't
> > gain us anything that I can see.
> >
> > If you would like to write some new unit tests, that would be
> > appreciated; the current test coverage is not great. Be warned, though:
> > writing unit tests for commons-logging is *not* a trivial exercise!
> In my initial posting I had Checkstyle[1] and Findbugs[2] in mind. But
> JUnit is also very important.
> I see two ways:
> - I write a short overview what is already tested and post (maybe
> already with code) what I think what should be covered.
> - You seem to already have an idea what is not covered and where the
> focus should be.
>
> I would prefer the second way to save time :-)

Unforunately I can't list any specific areas. It's more a case of
looking at what the code currently does, what the unit tests currently
test, and seeing what's missing.

Note, however, that I hope/expect our first release candidate to be
created within the next few days, so you'd have to be pretty quick!

Regards,

Simon