commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [logging] Cleanup source before release?
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:28:29 GMT
On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 17:36 +0100, Boris Unckel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is there interest that I spend some time to provide cleanup on the source
> files? (Patch will be provided by file)
>
> Learned from the last patch I saw doing right (but too many) things is not
> usefull for the reviewer of a patch.
>
> Cleanup means:
> - Removing trailing white space
> - Change method order (public, protected, package protected, private)
> - Same layout on javadoc
>
> Optionally
> - Reformat with Eclipse format function. Is there a commons or
> commons-logging specific preset available?
>
> More advanced:
> Are there source files you seem critical which should not be touched or
> files where you think they are candidates?

Thanks for your offer Boris, your offer to spend time on JCL is
appreciated. However I would personally prefer not to make these
suggested changes. The code is reasonably ok now, and this just doesn't
gain us anything that I can see.

If you would like to write some new unit tests, that would be
appreciated; the current test coverage is not great. Be warned, though:
writing unit tests for commons-logging is *not* a trivial exercise!

Regards,

Simon