commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject [logging] JVM versions tested
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 08:07:02 GMT
Hi,

I've compiled and run the tests with JDKs 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5 - all
ok.

There *was* a bug with 1.2 initially. For Sun's java 1.3 and later,
Boolean.valueOf(str) returns either Boolean.TRUE or Boolean.FALSE.
However for java1.2, it returns a new Boolean instance!

A change from
   if (Boolean.valueOf(str) == Boolean.FALSE)
   if (Boolean.valueOf(str).booleanValue() == false)
fixed that. Yay for unit tests!

The build.xml is set to use target=1.1 for compilation, so we should be
good to promise at least JDK1.2 compatibility for this release. I
suggest that we don't try for 1.1 compatibility with this release; that
will make the unit tests really awkward to run for a start.

Cheers,

Simon