commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [logging] 1.1 release manager?
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 23:07:32 GMT
On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 23:02 +0000, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> we should really start talking about electing an official release
> manager about now.
>
> simon - do you think you'll have the time for this (over the next month
> or so) or would you be happier driving the actual work with me
> performing the official role?

As you've done JCL releases before, I'm very happy for you to do this if
you've got time.

I'm going to be away on holiday between 27 jan and 6 feb, hopefully
after a first RC has been done for people to evaluate. It would be nice
to have a release manager around over that period which also suggests
that it might be better for you to do that.

However I know you're pretty busy. I did do the last digester release,
so I don't mind taking on this JCL release if you've got too much on at
the moment. I expect to be busyish but not completely overloaded in the
next month or so, so I can find the time somewhere.

Cheers,

Simon