commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [logging] Using maven-changes-plugin to track issues?
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 23:01:59 GMT
On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 23:34 +0100, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> Hello
>
> Would anyone object if I add the maven-changes-plugin [1] to track
> resolved issues in commons-logging? Today resolved issues are entered
> into the section "Bugs Fixed" in RELEASE-NOTES.TXT. I'd like to replace
> all text in that section with a pointer to the report on the web.
>
> The plugin produces a nice report [2] with all the resolved issues for
> every release. It requires that the file xdocs/changes.xml is added.
> It's already in use by most of the commons components.
>

> [1] http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/reference/plugins/changes/
> [2] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/validator/changes-report.html

Does that mean we need to re-enter info on all the fixed bugs into the
changes.xml file manually? I'm not wildly interested in doing that task
myself...

For the release after this one, I'd like to move to maven2, so there's
not much point in doing too much work on tidying up the existing build
setup unless it adds value for *this* release.

Cheers,

Simon