commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [logging] Bug 38174 and JCL 1.1
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 21:41:28 GMT
I've read through this reference, and it doesn't mention final qualifier
on parameters.

I also *think* this is safe, and that final is just a compile-time
constraint. However I'm not 100% sure, so would prefer to not make that
change here.

Section D.1.2 of this document suggests final is ok, but this info is a
little out-of-date:
  http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/first_edition/html/1.1Update.html

However in the end, this "final" thing isn't going to improve the
efficiency of the code, and carries a small chance of breaking things so
I'd suggest not applying it.

Regards,

Simon