commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Move SCXML to Commons Proper
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 03:00:46 GMT
As Robert has indicated before [1], it seems appropriate that sandbox
graduation proposals surface on the dev list before any formal VOTE

I'd like to propose moving SCXML to Commons Proper. Various data
points that motivate me -- in no particular order -- are:

 * Commons SCXML is being used

 * There has been a question about version 1.0

 * An Apache project uses Commons SCXML, some others could use Commons
SCXML if they please (see usecases on website - though I haven't
proposed any enhancements against unreleased code)

 * The codebase is ready for the final paces, and the known issues are
being actively resolved (see release plan below)

A release plan is taking shape here:

At this point, I'd like to open the floor for a discussion about
anything and all things Commons SCXML. The code, website, wiki are all
in the expected place for a sandbox project.

I think we'll leave this thread "open" for atleast a couple of weeks,
to give any interested folks a few days on the other side of the
holiday break. Indeed, speaking for myself, my response time is bound
to vary over the next couple of weeks.

Opinions / comments / questions ?

P.S.-Needless to say, everyone is welcome to comment -- developers,
users, lurkers.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message