commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Move SCXML to Commons Proper
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 03:00:46 GMT
As Robert has indicated before [1], it seems appropriate that sandbox
graduation proposals surface on the dev list before any formal VOTE
thread.

I'd like to propose moving SCXML to Commons Proper. Various data
points that motivate me -- in no particular order -- are:

 * Commons SCXML is being used

 * There has been a question about version 1.0

 * An Apache project uses Commons SCXML, some others could use Commons
SCXML if they please (see usecases on website - though I haven't
proposed any enhancements against unreleased code)

 * The codebase is ready for the final paces, and the known issues are
being actively resolved (see release plan below)

A release plan is taking shape here:

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/SCXML/1.0.0ReleasePlan

At this point, I'd like to open the floor for a discussion about
anything and all things Commons SCXML. The code, website, wiki are all
in the expected place for a sandbox project.

I think we'll leave this thread "open" for atleast a couple of weeks,
to give any interested folks a few days on the other side of the
holiday break. Indeed, speaking for myself, my response time is bound
to vary over the next couple of weeks.

Opinions / comments / questions ?

-Rahul

P.S.-Needless to say, everyone is welcome to comment -- developers,
users, lurkers.

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=112937138601530&w=2