commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [feedparser] Going once, going twice...
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 19:21:38 GMT
> As I also said on the PMC list, I am not particularly interested in development on feedparser,
though I am willing to apply patches (if they are complete with testcases).
<snip/>

Thanks for stepping forward Martin, I have no background about any PMC
thread, but I doubt thats what we are looking for. While I very much
appreciate your intent, if we are going to sustain feedparser in
proper, IMO, we really need someone to go beyond routine patches, for
starters we need a RM for 1.0.

-Rahul

> Assuming dormant means you can still commit to it (else archive would have been a better
name probably), we  can move it there and still apply patches if eg Andrea Alberto comes up
with something. If feedparsers matures  we can always move it back (with an appropiate vote
of course).

> So willing to monitor feedparser stuff.
>
> Mvgr,
> Martin
>
> Phil Steitz wrote:
> > We need to make a decision on which way to go here...either demote
> > back to sandbox/dormant or have someone step up to drive this
> > component toward a release.
> >
> > I am happy to help getting the site fixed (seems we just need to add
> > it to the nav, as http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/feedparser/ is
> > there) and with build-related issues; but I have neither the time nor
> > expertise to do much else.
> >
> > If we can get one knowledgeable and interested committer to step up
> > and a few volunteers, we can resuscitate; otherwise we should think
> > about moving it to dormant.
> >
> > Any volunteers?
> >
> > Phil
<snap/>