commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [feedparser] Going once, going twice...
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 19:07:57 GMT
On 12/21/05, Andrea Alberto <andrea.alberto@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am willing to start contributing to some project at the
> jakarta-commons and this could be a good possibility.
> I have java experience but no experience as a developer on RSS (but I
> think this is not a big problem).

<snip/>

Thanks a lot for your interest in Commons :-) If you want to start
contributing to feedparser, please do so via mailing list discussions
and/or contributing fixes and enhancements as you deem fit. But I
wouldn't want you to invest in feedparser *only* because of Phil's
email, since I would expect someone who takes on this task to be:

 * Capable of being the release manager for feedparser 1.0 (which
means the individual probably needs to be an existing Commons
committer willing to invest time in feedparser with immediate effect).

 * Preferably, a "domain expert", i.e. someone who can, without much
effort, make judgements about the correctness and improvements needed
to the codebase (not from a Java syntactic perspective, rather a
feedparser semantic perspective).

-Rahul

>    Andrea
>
> On 12/21/05, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:
> > We need to make a decision on which way to go here...either demote
> > back to sandbox/dormant or have someone step up to drive this
> > component toward a release.
> >
> > I am happy to help getting the site fixed (seems we just need to add
> > it to the nav, as http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/feedparser/ is
> > there) and with build-related issues; but I have neither the time nor
> > expertise to do much else.
> >
> > If we can get one knowledgeable and interested committer to step up
> > and a few volunteers, we can resuscitate; otherwise we should think
> > about moving it to dormant.
> >
> > Any volunteers?
> >
> > Phil

<snap/>