commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [scxml] Release schedule?
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 22:26:50 GMT
On 12/20/05, Joe.Toller@barclayscapital.com
<Joe.Toller@barclayscapital.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a proposed release date for v1.0 for the scxml stuff?

<snip/>

Thanks for the nudge :-) An hour or so ago, I added a brief roadmap to
a Commons SCXML 1.0.0 release on the Apache wiki. That is here:

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/SCXML/1.0.0ReleasePlan

The actual issues reported in the "Bug Review and Fixes" section
shouldn't take more than a week to resolve (usual holiday season
tolerances apply).

The steps to be executed here on are as follows:
1) Get feedback from Commons developers before calling a sandbox
graduation vote (I'll begin this thread later this evening or
tomorrow)
2) Call a vote to graduate out of sandbox
3) If (2) passes, we will have an unknown number of release
candidates, until no issues are reported against those
4) When (3) is done, we will proceed by calling a 1.0.0 release vote,
which again needs to pass

While it is not possible to give any firm date (you'll find this the
common theme in most Apache projects -- it is hard to predict the
timing on most releases), my best case estimates put the actual
release towards the end of Q1 '06 (which matches up with Jim's
estimates as well).

> And does the current build / will v1.0 implement the whole scxml
> specification, or are there some bits missing.

<snap/>

See release plan for known issues (these will be resolved). 1.0.0 will
not implement any functionality dealing with external namespaces. For
example, CCXML constructs as shown in some of the examples in the
specification will have to be made by suitable EventDispatcher
implementations (EventDispatcher is a Commons SCXML interface), these
will not be provided out of the box.

> Apologies if I'm asking questions that have been asked before - can't
> find this info on the web tho.

<snip/>

Quite the contrary, thanks again for nudging me into motion.

-Rahul

> Many Thanks!
> Joe

<snap/>