commons-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Rahul Akolkar <>
Subject Re: [vfs][REVOTE] release version 1.0
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 20:31:57 GMT
On 12/19/05, Mario Ivankovits <> wrote:
> > Checked again, and it works now! So I am +1 for the release.
> >
> No one else?

FWIW, I will express my non-binding opinion by the end of the week, if
this vote is still open.

> Should I delay the release until all the discussion around "how to
> release" and the "maybe to come" maven plugin has been settled?

Definitely not. No one knows how much work its going to be and how
long its going to take (some may have more of a clue than others, but
thats what it amounts to). Obviously, you and maybe others thought VFS
was ready for a 1.0 which is why we see this vote, and this vote and
release (if the vote passes), should continue according to the
"current procedures in effect".

> If so, I'll proceed with developing - else I'll release this week.

Some theorize that releases must not be disruptive to development.
While this has always been debatable (releasing is atleast disruptive
to the RM, if for no-one else, moresoever in Commons) -- I wouldn't
put it as an "if else" the way you do above. I'd recommend continuing
development in a branch of choice (which might as well be the trunk,
since you must've tagged the RC) while we wait for developments on
this vote.


> ---
> Mario

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message