commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <>
Subject Re: [all] Javapolis speech on Commons
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 19:58:42 GMT
On 12/19/05, Martin van den Bemt <> wrote:
> This is what I had to say about the presentation (sent to the list on 13-12):

Thanks for the update Martin :-)

Stephen, do you intend to post the slides from your talk; are they
already available? April is 4 months away ...

> Hi everyone,
> Stephen Colebourne gave a talk on jakarta commons on monday and I was very impressed
with his skills as a speaker and the structure of the presentation. Given the 15 minutes Stephen
had, he did a great job at keeping it short, but at the same give enough information, so people
can have a look. First a 1 slide introduction of the component then a slide with a little
(usefull) code sample. He ended with an overview of (possible) upcoming releases.
> So all in all it was a more than worthy presentation, with one problem : the JavaPolis
organisation actually forgot to mention this talk was taking place in the paper version of
the conference schedule, which was reflected in the attendence.
> Luckily they taped it, so everyone can have a look in April when they anticipate to have
the taped version available.
> Mvgr,
> Martin

To unsubscribe, e-mail: