commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] short critique of site
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2005 00:55:58 GMT
> Some thoughts on the site.

<snip/>

> B] Clicking on sandbox.
>
> 1) There are many projects which have become dormant. How should we be
> changing the site?
> 2) Corresponding Wiki page needs changing [my fault :) ]

<snap/>

I tinkered with one of those wiki pages [1] (use "Delete Cache" action
if you've looked at it recently ;-). I think the web site should
similarly distinguish between sandbox and dormant components.

The current sandbox page [2] (and therefore Commons home page as well)
list them together, would there be any interest in separating the
"dormant" components so the website actually matches the repository? I
can post a patch for the website if there is interest.

-Rahul

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/CreatingStandardWebPresence
[2] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/index.html