commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RE-VOTE] Release Commons Math 1.1
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 03:32:43 GMT
On 12/12/05, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> is the manifest missing a Specification-Version?

Yes, as will be all of the maven-built jars, at least with the current
version of the maven jar pluglin.  Interestingly, we find this in the
plugin source:

        <!--
        <ant:attribute name="Specification-Version"
value="${pom.currentVersion}"/>
        -->
        <ant:attribute name="Implementation-Title" value="${pom.package}"/>
        <ant:attribute name="Implementation-Vendor"
value="${pom.organization.name}"/>
        <ant:attribute name="Implementation-Version"
value="${pom.currentVersion}"/>

Looks like it used to be there, but was removed for some reason.  If
you or others feel strongly that this should be included (I assume
with ${pom.currentVersion}" as the value), I can raise this on the
maven list and insert the line into the [math] jars using
manifestMods.txt.

> BTW i've just discovered that there's a Implementation-Vendor-Id in the
> (http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/jar/jar.html#Manifest%
> 20Specification). seems like a bit of a waste of space: what vendor
> should us a name that isn't unique?

Yes, seems silly.  It is unclear to me which, if any, of the manifest
attributes in the spec are mandatory.  Does anyone know?

Phil