commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Using maven.compile.executable
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2005 20:44:53 GMT
> On 12/11/05, Stephen Colebourne <scolebourne@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> > Phil Steitz wrote:
> > > The simplest is to create manifestMods.txt including the replacement
> > > line for the manifest and put the following into project.properties:
> > >
> > > #maven.compile.source=1.3
> > > maven.compile.fork=true
> > > maven.compile.executable=${user.home}/jdk1.3.1_16/bin/javac
> > > maven.jar.manifest=manifestMods.txt
> > >
> > > (Note the top line *must* be commented out for jdk 1.3 compilation to work)
> > >
> > > But this is obviously bad in project.properties, since it forces the
> > > executable to be there.
> > >
> > > So, I am thinking best is to add build.properties.sample with the
> > > lines above, but checkin and distribute the manifestMods file.
> >
> > Could we name this build-jdk1.3.properties? Then it is obvious what is
> > going on.
>
> Good idea.  Don't know off the top of my head if I can get maven to
> load these properties iff the file is present.  I will look into this.

Does not look possible to change the name, based on documentation here:
http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/reference/properties.html.

Will have to keep the name build.properties.sample.  I will include a
header comment in this file, as well as project.properties to make it
clear how the setup works.

> > Can the maven.compile.source flag be overridden (ie removed) in
> > build-jdk1.3.properties if it is set project.properties?
> >
> That should be possible - set it to null.  I will try this.

maven.compile.source=${null} in build.properties works to override 1.3
in project.properties.

Phil