commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Using maven.compile.executable
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2005 18:00:49 GMT
On 12/11/05, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-12-11 at 10:14 -0700, Phil Steitz wrote:
> > On 12/11/05, Stephen Colebourne <scolebourne@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > > Or could we get a maven change to remove the need for manifestMods.txt?
> > >
> > Jira ticket(s) opened (MPJAR-49,50).  Here again, the tricky bit is
> > having maven discern the jdk version from the user-supplied
> > executable.
>
> perhaps
>
> $ java -version
> java version "1.4.2_04"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_04-b05)
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_04-b05, mixed mode)

Yeah, I suppose it is safe to assume that "./java" will always work
from the path to javac (which is what maven.compile.executable points
to).  Maven (1) uses the ant javac task under the covers to do the
compile.  To recover the version as above will require that
maven.compile.executable be translated to point to the java exe so the
ant java task can be used to recover the version.

Patches welcome!  (See other reply ;-)

Phil