commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Website changes (was Re: short critique of site)
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 20:01:15 GMT
> Hi Mario,
>
> Sorry for not being there on sunday to finish of the commit :)
> - The current list of contributors are only committers.
> - The committers are collected from the project.xml (the developers section in maven),
so a lot more inactive people out there are probably listed.
> - Just the list of committers is generated. The current contributor page is split up
in 2 parts : top and bottom. The emuritus committers are at the bottom.
> - I let maven glue the top, list of committers and bottom together.
> - You end up with a generated contributors.xml in the xdocs directory.
> - The generation is currently hooked into the commons-site-generate goal.
> - The generation itself happens in the commons-contributors-page-generate goal.
>
> A choices need to be made before commit :
>
> Do we want to generate the committers from the commons-site-generate goal ?
>  or
> Do we want to generate this on demand by calling a specific goal (I'll rename the goal
to something more friendly).
>  or
> Make both possible ?

I agree with Martin C that it will be more likely kept up to date if
it is automatic.

> (I am currently reusing the list of loaded poms that the reactor stores in a variable)

Will this require that to gen the commons site you will need to have
trunks-proper checked out with the standard directory layout?  I am OK
with this personally, just wondering if it could ever cause problems.
Also, one would need to have all svn upped to be correct.  Or are you
doing something clever with the scm plugin to just grab the POMS at
gen time?

Phil