commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HELP! - WAS: Re: [vote][net] Release commons-net 1.4.1?
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 13:16:18 GMT
> <snip>
> >
> > Thanks for all your help.  These last suggestions worked.
> >
> > I built the site, tested my changes, then pushed the site.
> >
> > I DON'T have my key set up.  where do I do this, it's a pain to keep
> > typing in my password, but doable.
>
> As indicated on the "building" page, you should follow the
> instructions on the bottom of this page:
> http://www.apache.org/dev/cvs-on-unix.html

I see now that the link in section 8 of the "releasing" page to
instructions for this is broken.    I think there used to be a
"how-to" which has moved or been deleted.  We should fix that link -
just change to above - in any case.

Another thing that we should think about, given the comments about
automation, is moving the content in 16 up higher and making Windows
batch files to do the same thing as the shell scripts referenced
there.  These scripts automate much of the drudgery in sections 2-4
and 7.  I guess we could also try to get the dist plugin to do the 2-4
stuff, but IIRC there are problems integrating with the native OS
stuff required to handle keys and create sigs.

Phil