commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Another release documentation question
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 02:57:47 GMT
> On 12/4/05, Steve Cohen <stevecoh1@comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> > What is the point of marking defects "LATER" before the release and then
> > resetting them afterward?

I will take a stab at the first question.  Going through all of the
open bug reports and resolving them or making the decision that they
are not showstoppers and can wait until a later release is a key part
of preparing a release.  I think that is why that instruction was put
in the docs. its been there for as long as I remember, I am just
assuming that was the rationale.  Its not so much the marking as later
and then changing back that's important; its the item-by-item
inspection, marking as later in some cases and giving the comunity the
opportunity to complain that is important.

Phil