commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HELP! - WAS: Re: [vote][net] Release commons-net 1.4.1?
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 00:26:59 GMT
On 12/4/05, Steve Cohen <scohen@javactivity.org> wrote:
> Martin Cooper wrote:

> >>I will, Phil.  But is the non-existence of STATUS.html common to all of
> >>commons?  If so, I will make the revisions myself.  Incidentally, these
> >>items are all handled now prior to cutting the release, not as post
> >>release items.
> >

> > The STATUS files are a hold-over from the pre-Maven days. They were required
> > because there was no POM / project.xml file in which the committer list
> > could be maintained. Now that all of the components are using Maven, the
> > STATUS files are pretty much obsolete.
> >
> > --
> > Martin Cooper

> >>For additional commands, e-mail: commons-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org
> >>

> Thanks, Martin.  I'll be happy to update the files myself, but where are
> they?  I see some files that look like old versions of the site in
> commons-build's xdocs but they don't match what's on the site now.
>
> I've glanced all over the repository and haven't found the right place yet.

The relevant files are in
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/commons-build/trunk/xdocs/releases/
maven site from /commons-build should generate the site locally for
you, then maven site:sshdeploy to publish (assuming you have key set
up)
Make sure to check changes in before updating the site.

Thanks!

Phil