commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HELP! - WAS: Re: [vote][net] Release commons-net 1.4.1?
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2005 20:50:03 GMT
On 12/4/05, Steve Cohen <scohen@javactivity.org> wrote:
> Dion Gillard wrote:
>

> > If we really do *have to have* a specific release of a plugin, it
> > should be a dependency of the project.
> >
> > Noone should be forced to remember it.
> >
> > Worst case, we should provide a link to suggested upgrades and details
> > about what to expect if you don't.
> >

> Which brings me to my next question:
>
> The only dependency of this sort that NET includes in the dependency
> list ISN'T a dependency anymore.  It's the statcvs module that we've
> just dropped (see earlier thread).

Yes, that should have been removed by whoever was maintaining [net]
when we moved off of cvs.

The xdoc 1.9.2 dependency is for all commons sites, since it is
required for commons-site.jsl to work.

> Looks like I removed it from the "reports" section but not the
> dependencies section.  I guess I can't do anything about that without
> redoing the release.  Which I'm not about to do.

Yes, sorry I missed that.  Should have been removed from the POM.

> This is another inaccuracy in the instructions.  Step 14 says the
> dependencies are listed in STATUS.html.  Net, at least doesn't have a
> STATUS.html.  These seem to be generated from project.xml.

Good point.  Patch / update welcome.  It would be great if you could
bundle up any other issues that you ran into into a patch or direct
update for the building/releasing docs.

Phil