commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Maven, help or hinderance?
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2005 19:47:15 GMT
On 12/4/05, Steve Cohen <scohen@javactivity.org> wrote:
> Henri Yandell wrote:
>
> > I turn the navigation off on Maven projects. Can't stand the
> > project-reports, project-info roll-ups that make it harder to find
> > javadocs etc.
>
> Hear hear!  Javadocs are not a "project report" for anyone who uses
> these sites.  This one we can't blame on Maven, though, can we?  I
> always assumed it was our setup of Maven.

What exactly is broken here?
Sites that follow the instructions here
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/building.html
or start with the sample nav here
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/commons-build/trunk/navigation.xml.sample
will link to current and previous release javadoc from the top level
nav.  Pretty much all maven-generated commons sites do this now.

The real challenge is what Stephen mentioned and Brett responed to,
which is how to maintain javadoc for past releases.  Now these files
have to be manually pushed out and links custom coded in
navigation.xml.

Phil