commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Maven, help or hinderance?
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2005 18:39:39 GMT
> On 12/3/05, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > You can get multiple jars by creating a multiproject.  When it comes
> > to "non-standard" contents, again the answer is that if you want it,
> > probably some others do too, so opening tickets and submitting patches
> > is the right thing to do.  That's how we got LICENSE.txt included
> > automatically, for example.
>
> Phil, this caught my eye because we (Struts with a Maven 1 build, and
> Sean Schofield working on a Maven 2 build for MyFaces) are _not_
> seeing LICENSE.txt get included automatically.
>
> Is it a recent addition that's not yet released?  I looked around in
> JIRA but didn't find a relevant ticket.  Was there one?

I can't now find the (old) tickets.  Could be I am senile, but in any
case this should work with current released versions of the plugins.
Are you having trouble getting the LICENSE into the jar or the dist,
or both?  Is it in the top level directory?  Is it a multiproject?

NOTICE.txt still needs to be added explicity as a jar resource, IIRC.

OK...I *am* senile.  Just found the ticket that I had in mind:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPANT-23
This was for the ant plugin (ironic in this thread ;-)

In any case, you should be getting LICENSE.txt in both the jar and
distros with nothing special required.  Probably should take this to
maven user.

Phil