commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HELP! - WAS: Re: [vote][net] Release commons-net 1.4.1?
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 23:45:53 GMT
On 12/3/05, Dennis Lundberg <dennis.lundberg@mdh.se> wrote:
> Phil Steitz wrote:
<snip>

> > Another thing that might work would be to add explicit dependencies to
> > the required versions in commons-build's project.xml.  Then executing
> > even the clean target there would make maven download and install them
> > all.  I will play with this and if it works, just commit the change
> > there and change the docs to recommend this.
>
> Not sure if putting a dependency on a plugin works in Maven 1, I know it
> works in Maven 2. It would be great if it does though.

Actually, it does seem to work.  I will take a stab at specifying all
of the relevant ones and commit a change to the commons-build POM for
this.

> I'm putting together a patch for
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/building.html on how to install
> plugins manually.

Great!  Include a recommendation to execute the clean target or build
the commons web site from commons-build to get the plugins specified
there.  No harm in also repeating the maven instructions as well.  Pls
also add make any other improvements you see fit.

Phil