commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [configuration][ALL] compatibility issues with hsqldb
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 20:51:38 GMT
I saw the same problem when I was testing the [configuration] release
with a .mavenrc set to force maven itself to run under 1.3. (which,
btw is another workaround for the jdk spec in manifest problem), but I
did not mention it since the build with maven.compile.executable
pointing to jdk 1.3 worked (I guess maven does not fork the test class
compiles).  From my perspective, test class dependencies on later jdks
are not show-stoppers.  I think we had the same problem in [lang] in
2.0 and concluded that it was OK to release with tests depending on a
later jdk than sources, since what is important from a usage
standpoint is that the jar work with the targed jdk.

+1, though for getting hsqldb released with 1.3 compatibility.