commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Jakarta-commons Wiki] Update of "CommonsManual" by HenriYandell
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 19:57:22 GMT
Will this eventually be translated to xdoc and included in the commons site?

Is it really too painful to just start by developing it in xdoc, or by
modifying the commons web site?  Much of the content is already there.
 Generating the commons site is just "maven site" from commons-build
and "maven site:sshdeploy" to publish ;-)

Also, I would prefer to target the whole community in terms of content
- i.e., "manual for new commons volunteer" rather than just committer.
 We can call out (as we try to on the current site) differences or
special things for committers.

Phil

On 12/2/05, Apache Wiki <wikidiffs@apache.org> wrote:
> Dear Wiki user,
>
> You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jakarta-commons Wiki" for change
notification.

> The following page has been changed by HenriYandell:
> http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/CommonsManual
>
> The comment on the change is:
> A proposal for a one-stop shop for education on Commons
>
> New page:
> = A Manual for new Commons committers =
>
> Idea being that we bring the various how-to's and guides into one centralised document/book/site/thing.
It should be both easily viewable online, and printable so you can sit on the toilet and read
about our goings on.