commons-dev mailing list archives

From Niall Pemberton <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vfs][REVOTE] release version 1.0
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 16:14:18 GMT
> Hi Niall!
> > The question is, was it your intention to start running the tests in
> > gump? Presumably, they were excluded from the maven-generated ant
> > build file because of the difficulties in running them in gump. Maybe
> > you should revert back to excluding them again?
> >
> My intention was to have consistency between maven and ant build. And
> thus reenabled the tests and regenerated build.xml.
>
> If its possible to drop in my vmware test server it would be great,
> though if its not possible to disable the tests through the gump
> descriptor I can revert back for sure.

OK, you may want to get better "gump advice" than from me, I've just
picked up a little bit of gump knowledge from fixing issues on other
projects. Having said that....

When maven is generating the ant build file its picking up the
"maven.ant.excludeTests" from your project.properties and putting an
excludes element in the ant file - so with the way it is currently,
there isn't a property you can specify in gump to "override" that.

If your intention is to have working ant and maven builds available
for users of vfs (i.e. nothing to do with gump) then what you could do
is leave your build.xml as it is and add a new ant build file just for
gump (e.g. build-gump.xml) that doesn't run the tests.

If you do want gump to run the tests - but just exclude the one(s)
which use a server then you need to either do something smarter in
maven or do your gump version ant build file by hand.

Niall