commons-dev mailing list archives

From Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kohsuke.kawagu...@sun.com>
Subject Re: Javaflow and ASM
Date Sat, 31 Dec 2005 16:34:33 GMT
Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:
>>> So if you don't mind, I'm happy to make the necessary changes.
>>
>>   Please go ahead. And if you don't mind please send me the test results
>> you'll get.
>
> Will do.

I added a new property to select the transformer, and tried to use ASM.

I found a few issues.

- ContinuationMethodAdapter.visitMaxs was passing (0,0) to the next
visitor. I'm not too familiar with this, but don't we need to basically
pass through values?

- When moving 'new' instructions, local variables are allocated
excessively. I think it would be better for it to be used little more
conservatively. Namely, the number of additional local variables for
save/restore should be max of all constructor parameter counts, not sum
of them.

- When moving 'new' instructions, The maxStacks  field isn't updated
correctly, but I think we needed this.

- While instrumenting the FinallyFlow class, I found that
ContinuationMethodAdapter.visitMethodInsn dies while trying to save a
local variable that has a JSR return address in it. I don't think we can
instrument method invocations in a finally block, so there needs to be
code that checks it (I don't know how BCEL version is doing that, though)

That's it for now.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi@sun.com