commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [vfs] hard coded stuff in properties file
Date Sat, 24 Dec 2005 13:04:28 GMT
Hi!
> To do that, I need to reproduce the test environment on my system at
> home. I have a dedicated personal server that is not yet fully
> configured and I don't have WMWare. I need to configure my server anyway
> so if I can configure it to run Apache tests it is even better for me.

I've already tried to document how to setup a testserver, you might find
it here: http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/vfs/testserver.html
In case of vmware please keep in mind that there is a vmware-player for
free where you can drop in my vmware image and have a testserver up and
running without any hassle.
I can send you the informations needed to download the image if wanted.

> * VFS is part of the GUMP build process right ?

Yes.
> * If so, if I use the same properties in the Jelly project to test my
> VFS related stuff, there must be no problem (system is already
> configured)

No, the tests are disabled. None of the automatic build processes are
able to run these tests due to the lack of a testserver.
I already asked to find a way to get my vmware image up and running
within apache, but without luck for now.
> * To test my tests can somebody send me the information to setup a
> compatible build environment ?
Again: http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/vfs/testserver.html
I dont know if someone else tried to setup such an environment based on
this documentation. If you have any problem please contact me, I'll
complete the documentation then.
> * Do I need to use GUMP to be sure that I don't introduce odd problems ?

I dont understand what you mean with this?
I use my IDE and/or maven to build and test VFS.

> Merry Christmas an Happy new year to

... you too :-)

Ciao,
Mario