commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin van den Bemt <mll...@mvdb.net>
Subject Re: [feedparser] Going once, going twice...
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 21:50:37 GMT

> The big one for me is to know why we'd want to have such a project.
> Rome exists, it has a good license and it's getting used. There's no
> reason to not develop redundant components if the itch is there, but
> why work at creating the itch?

Good point indeed. I just stepped to volunteer helping out when people provide (complete)
patches.
The way it currently is with feedparser though, is that I think I won't have much work on
that.
(this is not a note for you Hen..)
It's not about finding a release manager, but about activity and you don't have to be a committer
to be active with coding. :)

In short, +1 on a move to dormant mode, but I am willing to apply patches to it when people
send them.

Mvgr,
Martin