commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin van den Bemt <mll...@mvdb.net>
Subject Re: [feedparser] Going once, going twice...
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 21:38:28 GMT

Rahul Akolkar wrote:
> On 12/21/05, Martin van den Bemt <mllist@mvdb.net> wrote:
>
>>As I also said on the PMC list, I am not particularly interested in development on
feedparser, though I am willing to apply patches (if they are complete with testcases).

> <snip/>
>
> Thanks for stepping forward Martin, I have no background about any PMC
> thread, but I doubt thats what we are looking for. While I very much
> appreciate your intent, if we are going to sustain feedparser in
> proper, IMO, we really need someone to go beyond routine patches, for
> starters we need a RM for 1.0.

Yeah I know... Was just assuming dormant mode already for my offer, since no one stepped up
already for months (though I did a little work on feedparser to get a nightly build). A dormant
project will however never see a release, so to be blunt : from where I stand currently there
is no need for a release manager, since there is not any activity on feedparser and even if
there someone is stepping up as a release manager, we should have serious doubts about making
an actual release, since currently no one is supporting feedparser and feedparser will slip
into dormant mode pretty quickly again, because of the lack of support.
So there is nothing more to it then trying to fix issues that are in bugzilla (just 3 of them)
and sending/committing patches to improve feedparser and get it in shape.

I am just volunteering to commit them (with some review) and keep an eye on what the project
is doing.

Mvgr,
Martin