commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: [jelly][vote] APT tag library
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 20:27:34 GMT
robert burrell donkin wrote:
> not sure whether additional karma is required to add a component

Oh well, you need to be a committer if you want to maintain such in svn.

I think I'd summarize the things as follows:
- Ryan indicated he had this tag-library and would like to propose it
- Dion indicated he'd rather have help at committership to maintain such
a tag-library as we (jelly committers tend to loose responsiveness a bit
too often nowadays)
- a kind of informal vote was requested
- some votes, some comments on the informallity
- you (Robert) came to say that committership seemed a bit heavy to
request for such a new contribution which I tend to understand
(basically, all the committerships I've known, except for the sandbox
fresh-components, have started with a live participation to commons-dev,
commons-users, and jira, with advise to existing committers).
- thus I suggested Ryan to make one in jira and we start looking at it,
horribly realizing that jira is not clickable from the jelly
web-pages.... and that the life as an active community member
contribution starts....

So the suggestion is for Ryan to get a jira account (as Robert said,
just click register), then post, there, an archive with a candidate
library, receive comments, repost, see it arrive inside svn, and evolve
etc...

hoping it'll have clarified things

paul