commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [all] Using maven.compile.executable
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2005 13:09:13 GMT
Phil Steitz wrote:
> The simplest is to create manifestMods.txt including the replacement
> line for the manifest and put the following into project.properties:
>
> #maven.compile.source=1.3
> maven.compile.fork=true
> maven.compile.executable=${user.home}/jdk1.3.1_16/bin/javac
> maven.jar.manifest=manifestMods.txt
>
> (Note the top line *must* be commented out for jdk 1.3 compilation to work)
>
> But this is obviously bad in project.properties, since it forces the
> executable to be there.
>
> So, I am thinking best is to add build.properties.sample with the
> lines above, but checkin and distribute the manifestMods file.

Could we name this build-jdk1.3.properties? Then it is obvious what is
going on.

Can the maven.compile.source flag be overridden (ie removed) in
build-jdk1.3.properties if it is set project.properties?

Can we get a maven change to deal with maven.compile.source (ie. don't
use it on a JDK1.3 compile)?

Suggest manifestMods.txt goes in /src/conf where the normal mf file is.

Or could we get a maven change to remove the need for manifestMods.txt?

Good work so far :-)

Stephen