commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons FileUpload 1.1-RC1
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2005 13:03:50 GMT
Niall Pemberton wrote:
> 3) I upgraded the Struts 1.2.8 example webapp with no problems, except
> I initially forgot to add the new Commons IO dependency - IMO it would
> be worth mentioning this in the official announcement if/when the 1.1
> release is approved.
And this is why I will give it a -0. My opinion is that [fileupload]
does not need to depend on [io]. We need 'bricks' that are as
independent as possible.

Note that I do agree that [fileupload] needs a new release, and that the
[io] issue has come up before and been rejected, so I'm not going to
comment further.

Stephen