commons-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Lewis <...@ascii27.net>
Subject Re: [VFS] setting read-only, hidden, etc
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2005 19:28:30 GMT
It could be mapped, but would have a lot of additional constraints. For
example with an ACL, you can generally assign any permission to any user
or group. With Unix-like - you only get one definable group, one fixed
group (other), and one user. So I guess mapping it would be easy, but I
would think in that case we would want to have discoverable capabilities
for determining if more than one user, group etc can be added so that
programmatically such things are predictable.