commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [VFS] Contributions to the project
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2005 17:46:15 GMT
Hi!
> Require services to provide the meta-data information that could then be
> transfered and exposed to the client. Using either anotations on 1.5, or
> for example an xml file on older systems.

Hmmm, what if we use a simple properties file to describe them.
e.g. SvnCheckout.properties
port=The port used for communication
host=The host
then we can localize them too. We can have separate files or one per
"service group".

How to mark a parameter optional (or not) is a good point.
Today I would use annotations for it (e.g. @NotNull) but we have to
stick with jdk 1.3 for a while.
For now we can put then into another properties file too and provide the
suggested api to query it, so we can change this to annotations it we
are able to upgrade.

---
Mario