commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject [vfs] Interfaces Re: [vfs][REVOTE] release version 1.0
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 00:52:59 GMT
Another query, are you happy that you will never want to add a method to
FileObject, or any other interface in VFS?

Commons tends to be strict about not allowing changes like this.
Possible solutions to adding a method in the future are
- to create a FileObject2 subinterface
- to go to version 2.0

Alternatively define FileObject (and possibly other interfaces) as an
abstract class now, then you don't have the same problems.

At the very least, if you think that you might change the interface, you
should add in the javadoc that it might change in v2.0.

Stephen