commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [all] Maven, help or hinderance?
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 20:43:31 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

> Oh ...please don't!
;-)

> All I have to say: dependency management plus the reports are just
> enough for me to never want to switch back to ant again. Even from
> m1! Worst case I was always able to come up with some non-standard
> goals-magic to do what I wanted.

Its clear that many here like maven enough to want to keep it.
Personally, it drives me up the wall.

For example, ATM, I am trying to use clirr with maven. I've had it
working before, but now it deosn't. It tries to download the jar even
though its in the local repository, and thus fails. There is no rhyme
nor reason about why it fails now when I've had it work previously. I've
already wasted an hour on it, so now I shall just do what I always do -
run ant instead.

At least there seems to be some discussion about trying to simplify life
here at commons.

Stephen