commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HELP! - WAS: Re: [vote][net] Release commons-net 1.4.1?
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 02:08:49 GMT
Dennis Lundberg wrote:

> Brett said that this *should* work, so I decided to try it myself. I
> received the same results as you did Phil, regarding maven --info, but I
> think I understand what is going on now. I have posted a question about
> this on the maven-users list to see if I can get some confirmation.

Sorry this went over my head earlier, but Dennis' analysis on the usres
list is correct. Maven --info doesn't reflect the difference as it
reports what's installed. Plugin dependencies are only used for the life
of the project's build, not installed.

So the dependency should work regardless of what maven --info says. Is
that the case?

- Brett