commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [all] Multi-version javadoc
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 01:12:59 GMT
Steve Cohen wrote:
> Not quite so trivial.  The commons-io site evidently pushes two sets of
> javadocs, one for "SVN latest" and another for the last official
> release.  Net only has one and the one it has, although it's location is
> named analogously to io's "SVN latest", actually points to net's last
> official release.  So I suspect there's also some maven magic going on
> here as well.
>
> This is a nice feature, the way you have it in IO.  Shouldn't this be
> part of the standard commons maven process?

I did [io]. Do achieve the effect you have to do it manually.

1) maven clean
2) Checkout v1.0
3) maven javadoc
4) rename target/docs/apidocs to api-1.0
5) repeat for v1.1, v1.2 etc
6) maven site:sshdeploy
7) ssh to the site directory and link api-release to the latest release

You don't need to do this with every release, as the javadoc just
accumulates and doesn't get deleted by subsequent uploads. Note that
target/docs/apidocs is reserved for the SVN latest javadoc.

To use the javadoc you then customise navigation.xml as per [io].

This is probably all scriptable in maven, but I tried it once with
[collections], and found that scripting wasn't worth the effort - a
manual process was quicker.

Stephen