commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey D. Brekke" <jbre...@wi.rr.com>
Subject [net] Minimum jdk/jvm version for net ( future ) ( was: Re: [vote][net] Release commons-net 1.4.1? )
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 15:20:39 GMT
I understand the issues involved with pending release of vfs and
compatibility with net, but I thought we discussed during the last
release or so of net that we cut a 1.2/1.3 compatible release and from
that release forward we were using 1.4 stuff ( nio I believe was the
issue ).  So projects that wanted to use net, but required older
jvm/class compatibility would use the old version.

Maybe I am mistaken though, did we just discuss this and never implement
it?  Just wondering about the future releases.  Is there now a min or
max jdk version for all commons projects?

Steve Cohen wrote:
[SNIPPED]
>>> Which is just as well.  Because I have another issue.  I don't
>>> understand the maven.compile.target property.  Working from the net
>>> 1.4.0 tag, I change only project.properties to set
>>> maven.compile.target back to 1.2.  Since there are a few places in