commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin van den Bemt <mll...@mvdb.net>
Subject Re: [all] Together, and bricks apart
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 23:04:39 GMT
Mario Ivankovits wrote:
> Martin van den Bemt wrote:
>
>> I tend to focus more on (for me) productive things, since (almost) all
>> of my open source efforts happens/has to happen in my spare time,
>> which is limited..
>
> Me too, especially the [vfs] thing is a free time job for me. But even
> more it is demotivating if you are blocked due to a more restrictive
> check when it comes to the release vote then you had during your release
> candidates.

More involvment in the RC's is what I can think of for myself here, also for projects I don't
use.

> I search a little bit, and guess what, we have such a documentation
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/prepare.html
>

> We have to rework it, tough.
>
> *) In the area of "class file format" we should state that we not allow
> to use only the "target" attribute but also require to use the correct
> jdk version: the version the project was designed for.
> *) And we need a new point of what files we need to crlf fix.

To reask the question in this thread : what is broken with crlf ?
I use both windows and linux (and mix zips and tgz on both platforms) and never had a single
issue with this. It could be the way I work though :)

> *) And I dont know why we should fix all bugs, its not very productive
> to mark all bugs as "later" and after the release revert the status again.

You don't have to fix all bugs, but the number and kind of bugs solved / still open can be
a good indicator of how the project is doing.

Mvgr,
Martin