commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [all] Together, and bricks apart
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 19:38:48 GMT
Martin van den Bemt wrote:
> I tend to focus more on (for me) productive things, since (almost) all
> of my open source efforts happens/has to happen in my spare time,
> which is limited..
Me too, especially the [vfs] thing is a free time job for me. But even
more it is demotivating if you are blocked due to a more restrictive
check when it comes to the release vote then you had during your release
candidates.

I search a little bit, and guess what, we have such a documentation

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/prepare.html

We have to rework it, tough.

*) In the area of "class file format" we should state that we not allow
to use only the "target" attribute but also require to use the correct
jdk version: the version the project was designed for.
*) And we need a new point of what files we need to crlf fix.
*) And I dont know why we should fix all bugs, its not very productive
to mark all bugs as "later" and after the release revert the status again.

---
Mario