commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Configuration 1.2
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 16:31:21 GMT
J├Ârg Schaible wrote:
>> Yes, with jdbc2.0-stdext.jar commons-configuration can be compiled and
>> run under a JDK 1.3.
>> Unfortunately this jar cannot be distributed via ibiblio because of
>> licence issues, which makes the build a bit unconvenient. But I guess
>> I will have to update the pom to declare this dependency because
>> DatabaseConfiguration needs the DataSource interface. Would be a good
>> idea to update documentation in this respect, too.
> So, where's the problem (yeah, I know Stephen's blog about "Compiling with older JDK")?
Use 1.4 to compile it and have source/target as 1.3. For M2 you can have dependencies depending
on the JDK version.
But as stated in his blog you have to set the bootclasspath too.

Currently (temporary) I have a similar problem in commons-vfs.
And if it is somehow possible I would like to avoid to release such a
If you would like to compile such a "beast" you have to have two JDKs
installed. :-(

IMHO Not that nice.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: