commons-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas De Loof <nicolas.del...@capgemini.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Configuration 1.2
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 08:53:12 GMT

>> Can't this dependency be solved using jdbc2.0-stdext.jar ? I'm using
>> Jdk 1.3 and cannot upgrade. Not supporting 1.3 anymore will stop my
>> migration to commons-configuration.
>>
>> Nico.
>>

> Yes, with jdbc2.0-stdext.jar commons-configuration can be compiled and
> run under a JDK 1.3.
>
> Unfortunately this jar cannot be distributed via ibiblio because of
> licence issues, which makes the build a bit unconvenient. But I guess
> I will have to update the pom to declare this dependency because
> DatabaseConfiguration needs the DataSource interface. Would be a good
> idea to update documentation in this respect, too.
>
> Oliver

AFAIK, other apache projects require sun jars to compile. You may ask
commons-dbcp commiters that seem to have the same requirement :
"
    <!-- Note JDBC 2.0 is a pain, because it must be manually
         downloaded to your Maven repository, and it's not even
         required on JDK 1.4.  Maybe we should remove it from
         this dependency list so Maven doesn't choke?
    -->
    <dependency>
      <id>jdbc</id>
      <version>2.0</version>