commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <heg...@med.uni-marburg.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Configuration 1.2
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 08:25:33 GMT
Nicolas De Loof schrieb:

> Mario Ivankovits a écrit :

>>> 3 the release has been compiled using 1.4.2: if commons-configuration is
>>> supposed to support 1.3 jdks then this could be a problem unless you've
>>> taken very careful steps.
>>>

>> I've seen this too. I checked the build and tests and found te build
>> fails with jdk.1.3 as there are references to javax.sql.DataSource and
>> so I thought this is a jdk1.4 project.
>> Unhappily a wrong decision by me. But this might explain why a jdk1.4
>> were used.
>>
>> ---
>> Mario
>

> Can't this dependency be solved using jdbc2.0-stdext.jar ? I'm using Jdk
> 1.3 and cannot upgrade. Not supporting 1.3 anymore will stop my
> migration to commons-configuration.
>
> Nico.

Yes, with jdbc2.0-stdext.jar commons-configuration can be compiled and
run under a JDK 1.3.

Unfortunately this jar cannot be distributed via ibiblio because of
licence issues, which makes the build a bit unconvenient. But I guess I
will have to update the pom to declare this dependency because
DatabaseConfiguration needs the DataSource interface. Would be a good
idea to update documentation in this respect, too.

Oliver