commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Checking Release Candidates - Wiki Page
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 05:07:43 GMT
It's definitely arguable that we shouldn't have Simian turned on in
our source releases, or even in SVN. While we are able to use it, our
users may not be able to.

Assuming that Redhill's licensing for open source is just a free
version of their commercial license
(http://www.redhillconsulting.com.au/products/simian/get_it_now.html),
then the Maven plugin would seem to be in breach of it too. The
license is non-sublicenseable/non-transferrable.

This makes it much like Jira, which while we can use it as much as we
want on our own servers, and publish the output, we can't distribute
it under the ASL licence.

So I'd recommend that we don't have it listed as a report in Commons components.

Hen