commons-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Jakarta-commons Wiki] Update of "ReleaseShoppingList" by HenriYandell
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 02:00:07 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by HenriYandell:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/ReleaseShoppingList

The comment on the change is:
Some comments.

  '''Response:''' an Apache plugin sounds like a very good idea (if you're suggesting what
I think you are) - would the Apache plugin handle the details of the Apache distibution layout
(all those symlinks and so on down into binary and source directories)? If so, would it be
possible to make this all a single operation?

+ '''Comment:''' If deployment is to be automatic, it needs to remove the old deployed version.
+
  == Versioned Release Documentation ==

  Given that we keep a large number of old releases around and there are a lot of old commons
releases in circulation, we like to upload the documentation as it was at the state of the
release to a versioned directory on the site. So, for example, commons/collections/3.0/ might
contain the documentation that was shipped with collections-3.0.

+ '''Comment:''' Or put the javadoc in a separate location to the site.

  == Multiproject Site problems ==