commons-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Jakarta-commons Wiki] Update of "ReleaseShoppingList" by PhilSteitz
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 04:05:42 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by PhilSteitz:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/ReleaseShoppingList

The comment on the change is:
Release notes

  At the moment, there's a lot of duplication in the maven.xml. Ideally, we should be able
to feed any improvements made in centrally. This is becoming increasingly important as the
number of components rises.

-
- == Accurate, Specification Complient Manifests ==
+ == Accurate, Specification Compliant Manifests ==

  Suspect Maven does a reasonable job on this ATM but thought it probably needs including
for completeness.

+ == Autmatically generated, complete release notes ==
+
+ The maven 1 changelog report generates passable release notes, but needs to be customized
to be complete and still lacks svn integration.  We need a way to automatically generate full
release notes from changes.xml or a similar store, together with additional text describing
the release.
+